Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rainforest Cafe

Were going on the Dining Plan at WDW but fancy eating at the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. Know its not part of the Dining Plan, would you recommend going there? Is it a unique experience or not worth it?



Rainforest Cafe


I%26#39;ve eaten at the RFC in London on several occasions when my kids were younger. Yes, it%26#39;s a unique experience in that I know of no other restaurants with animatronic animals and a simulated thunderstorm every half hour (which is quite amusing the first few times). If you have young children they would probably enjoy it. However, I found the food overrated and overpriced and I certainly wouldn%26#39;t queue for ages to eat there. But I know that%26#39;s just my opinion and many others love it. It%26#39;s standard American/Mexican/Burger type food, given a tropical name.



Rainforest Cafe


I agree with Nibbles. I think the food is overpriced and not very good. Unique atmosphere yes but not worth the extra money. I%26#39;ve never understoof the big fuss some people male about it. We tried the Nashville location first and then Downtown Disney and both were the same- unimpressive.




We went to the cafe in Downtown Disney. My kids really enjoyed it. I found the prices to be quite high, however, I did have the best crab cakes ever there. My husband had something else that he didn%26#39;t particularly care for.




It is unique, but as the other posters commented it%26#39;s a bit over priced and the food is okay. However, our kids love going there and we visit the one in our state at least once a year. If you go, don%26#39;t forget to make reservations ahead of time.




I was at the rainforest cafe in Las Vegas it was really neat. If you have the extra money I would go if I was you. It%26#39;s fun and that%26#39;s what your sappost to do on a vacation...have fun.




Hi LisaR77



My family and I have been to both the Rainforest Cafe in London and the one in %26#39;Animal Kingdom%26#39;. I agree with the previous posting the food isn%26#39;t as nice as you would think and expensive but saying that just to experience it once is worth it. I loved the giant fish tanks and the kids appreciated the %26#39;animals%26#39; and the simulated thunderstorms. If you do decide to go there book a table before you go into Animal Kingdom as when you leave later in the day the queue for tables is massive. Have a lovely time








We love the Rainforest Cafe. Last summer we ate at the one in Downtown Disney and it was great! Yes, the food is expensive, but when I go I always get a pizza (which is about $12 or $13) and split it with someone in my party. I think it%26#39;s certainly worth it for the atmosphere. Just make sure you go there right when you get Downtown to check the wait- ours was two hours, but we just spent it shopping at the various stores!



Also, I%26#39;m not sure about the Downtown one, but other Cafes have some kind of special on Wednesday night where kids%26#39; meals are half price or something.




Thanks for your advice. Might just go for a drink and see how I feel. Thanks again




If you are going with kids, you can%26#39;t put a price on the look on their faces while there. We go every trip on our first night to get us ready for the week ahead.





The food is a bit expensive, but the portions are large and can be shared.





You need to call for reservations because it is very very very popular. The number is different than the regular Disney reservations number. It is :(407) 827-8500




Hi, I don%26#39;t have kids and was told I could not pre-book a table when I called Disney?

No comments:

Post a Comment