Friday, March 30, 2012

Bahama Breeze Restaurant I-Drive

Staying at Universal Doubletree on Major Bvd. without car for a week. Is it worth booking a hotel for a night or two near I-Drive to check out Bahama Breeze Restaurant which has great ratings? Or is a taxi from Doubletree reasonable? I can get the Hampton Inn, Homewood or Springhill Suites on Universal Blvd but it is too far a walk from I-Drive nightlife or even worth it? Have been to Citywalk restaurants but wanted to try something different. Any info on Universal Doubletree hotel also appreciated.



Bahama Breeze Restaurant I-Drive


Take the taxi or the I-Drive Trolly. Bahama Breeze is one of a chain and fun place, but I sure wouldn%26#39;t change hotels for it.



Bahama Breeze Restaurant I-Drive


I agree, I wouldn%26#39;t make my hotel plans around being by a restaurant.




hi wutsnext,



i would change from the doubletree to the top end of i-drive it is a lot cleaner and peaceful and on a joking note you can croos the roads without running for your life like on i-drive from the sand lake raod downwords towards wet and wild. if you want to stay at some suites behing banama breeze than you will get hampton inn,homewood suites, extended deluxe suites, springwell or even embassy suites, or even try the crowne plaza.



we did like bahama breeze and the food is good and you do get big portions.



thanks pam.




i got very very ill after going to bahama breeze




There is more than one Bahama Breeze in Orlando. You%26#39;ll have to ask how much it will cost for the taxi. It is a good place, but not worth a big taxi fare.




Hi Pam We are traveling from the suburbs of NYC and that is why we prefer not to drive on our vacations as we deal with crazy traffic so much. With our discounts we can get on Universal Blvd the Springhill Suites for under $80 a night or the Crowne Plaza for $100 or less a night and the Homewood Suites on I-Drive for $120. The Doubletree Universal we can get for $65 a night which seems to be very close to Universal Studios. We can split the hotels but only once as again we will not have a car. Also I will be on my own a couple nights and want a close, safe hotel. I have stayed on site at Universal (Portofino Bay) for $150 but we are not budgeted for that as we are going to Europe in May. We like #1 Clean, #2 Location and #3 Value in hotels. Thanks for your input.




Bahama Breeze is one of my favorite restaurants here. Always a wait so be prepared. While you wait there is an outside patio bar with entertainment most nights. You can also order appetizers. Their Pina Colada%26#39;s are #1. There is one near Disney right near I4 and 535 approx 1/2 mile from Disney property. The other one is on International Drive approx 1 1/2miles to Sea World. I don%26#39;t think I would change hotels mid trip just for that though as Universal is pretty close. You may just want to make a night of it and go to Bahama Breeze for dinner (count on 2-3 hours there) and then walking over to Pointe Orlando for some shopping, Hooters, or to the Movies.


  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment