Wednesday, March 28, 2012

renting from dolphin vacations

We (family of 5) are arriving June 11. We are renting a gulf-side cottage. I have had a deposit with Dolphin Vacations since Febraury, but they just don%26#39;t seem to have it all together. Very slow repsonse to e-mails, voicemails; not really answering my questions.


Anyone know anything about this rental place? Are they reliable? Are their homes nice?



renting from dolphin vacations


We too have rented from dolphin vacation. We rented the 5 bd Island Bay. We are staying July 16-23. When I asked if they would send me a few more pics. I was told they do not do that and was assured that they have top notch rentals. Please let me know how the place was that you stayed at.



renting from dolphin vacations


We are renting in August. How was your rental? Was it worth the money, clean? We are renting The Gulfside home and villa on the Bay side. Thank you for your help!




BEWARE of Dolphin Vacations! You can see my other post or contact me for more details. (I have pictures and a BBB report). I would like to add that when we complained they would avoid my concern. I was on my honeymoon and when I told her they were ruining it, Mary%26#39;s response was to go to dinner and everything would be worked out - she did not assure me that they would take care of the problem. She suggested we go to dinner and yet at this point, my husband and I had no place to stay on the first day of our honeymoon. I would never recommend them and from what we were told by the local police and District Atty, you are taking your chances renting with them.




We are renting this cottage in July. Was it very nice. Is this a very small house. I can%26#39;t seem to get any info from them?




My husband and I had planned on renting the Tropical Garden Villa that is part of the Gulfside 4 bedroom home for our honeymoon in January 2005. As I stated above, BEWARE. You are definitely taking your chances renting with them. The local district attorney and Key Colony Beach police department said they have received several complaints about Dolphin Vacations.



We were assured the location was private and romantic and they could not send more pictures. When we arrived, the house had been trashed by the people who last rented and no one had come to clean it, there was a work truck in the driveway, men%26#39;s underwear hanging in the tree, and garbage alongside the driveway. There was also no slide in the pool, as shown in the pictures. (I have pictures of all that I just told you of if you would like proof).



The staff was very unwilling to do something to help us, even though the office was located right down the street from the house we planned on renting. They didn%26#39;t even come to see the damage the other people had done to the property. When I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Mary (the lady we were dealing with @ Dolphin) did not even address my concerns. All in all, it was a terrible experience and I would hope no one else would have to go through with the hassle we did. I would recommend that if they will not show you current pictures of a property to take you business elsewhere. Their office is located right in Marathon which makes them fully capable of taking more pictures, but because the properties are not as advertised they claim they cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment