Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Four night condo rental?

I previously posted a topic concerning finding a condo rental for my 90 year old mother. I really appreciate all of the suggestions. I just found out that because of some health problems she does not want to stay in Sanibel over 4 nights. Can anyone recommend a very nice and quiet 2 BR condo, beach front, with an elevator, that allows you to rent for less than one week? A nice cottage or hotel would be OK. I see that Song of the Sea allows for short term stays, but it seems to get mixed reviews.





Thanks.



Four night condo rental?


When are you going? During high season (right now through April) many, if not most, have a one week minimum. The rest of the year, many allow shorter stays. Your best bet may be a hotel, or a hotel with cottages. Also, one of the island rental agencies may be able to help you with a shorter condo rental.





Any chance you can talk your mother into staying longer? I anticipated something like this with my mother and got myself informed about medical facilities, etc. on the island and in Ft. Myers and got a condo not far from the causeway in case we neded to leave quickly. But she was fine and nothing happened.





One place that looked appealing to me, and still does, is the Island Inn, on West Gulf Drive. It%26#39;s a very old place, one of the oldest, and in addition to their hotel rooms they have some charming looking cottages, some of which are a fairly good size (2-3 bedrooms). I haven%26#39;t been there, but I liked what I saw on their website. Don%26#39;t know if they have a minimum stay during high season.



Four night condo rental?


QQ2 has a great idea here. The Island Inn is almost right next door to Sayana and I have noticed that they keep the grounds in very nice condition. Don%26#39;t know about the actual accommodations, but in winter season they offer an American Plan so meals can be had right on site if you prefer not to cook or travel out to Island restaurants.




I%26#39;d say most places on Sanibel have had mixed reviews. It%26#39;s not a fancy place and it is on the beach in a sub-tropical area, so there are always problems in things like mold and mildew, rust, and the ever present insect life. Hard to escape. And this has been a rough year.





So...Island Inn is a good choice. So is the Sanibel Inn at the foot of Lindgren Blvd. right down from the causeyway and easy access to the very large medical center in Ft Myers. It is a sister resort to Song of the Sea and Seaside Inn.





I say Waterside Inn, esp the cottages, but it%26#39;s large enough that kids will factor in.





Keep in mind most of these places would be AAA 3*, not luxury resorts. They are simple and clean with some nice touches and typically friendly places to stay. Good luck.




When will your Mother be traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment