Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wearing thongs in Orlando ?

My wife and I are avid thong wearers (no rude comments please, my wife looks awesome in a thong). Are there any thong-friendly pools or beaches around Orlando ?



Wearing thongs in Orlando ?


I visit Orlando every winter and I%26#39;ve never seen anyone wearing a thong swimsuit at any of the resort pools (in and out of Disney) or waterparks.





But I have seen them at the beaches.



Wearing thongs in Orlando ?


Count out Discovey Cove. In the information I received with my reservation it says ';no bathing-suit thongs, please';.




thanks for the heads-up. My next question is......there%26#39;s beaches in Orlando ?




Orlando is in the middle of the state, so no beaches. Cocoa Beach is an hour away on the Atlantic, and the west coast Florida beaches are an hour away also. I personally have never seen thongs on Cocoa Beach, it%26#39;s mainly a family beach plus the area is full of retired ';snowbirds'; (older people who escape the cold northern winters) in the winter. It also can be pretty cool/cold in those areas during the winter. They have been experiencing high temps. only in the mid to upper 50%26#39;s most of this week.





You would fit right in at South Beach, Miami. There are also nude beaches in that area. It is a 3+ hour drive to Miami, from Orlando. You would need to be around Miami, or further south in the Keys, in the winter to pretty much guarantee that it will be warm enough for the beach. This week however, even they are experiencing cool weather, highs only in the mid to upper 60%26#39;s. That sounds great to me, we only reached 28 degrees here yesterday, (unusually cold for us, too) but it%26#39;s got to be at least in the mid 70%26#39;s for me to hit the beach.



Best Wishes!




Consider renting a home or villa with a private pool. That way you don%26#39;t have to worry about it. You will be in your own backyard.





P.S. I wish my husband would say that about me.LOL




Thanks for all the responses, I guess we%26#39;ll be wearing normal suits for our stay in Orlando. We%26#39;ve already booked our campsite at Camp Wilderness, which we%26#39;re looking forward to. I guess it would be too much to hope for to wear our thongs at the pool there. After our 9 days in Orlando we%26#39;re off to St Pete%26#39;s Beach or Treasure Island on the Gulf coast for 3 days of sun and sand. We can%26#39;t wait !




Most towns have ordinances banning thongs in public places. Daytona Beach (1 hour from Orlando) or South Beach in Miami are 2 places I can think of that might allow them. Any resort, beach, hotel or water park that caters to families is not going to allow thongs. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment