Saturday, April 21, 2012

resort casual??

Our trip to SoBe is almost here. We are with a group and have a planned itenerary for 2 dinners. The brochure suggests resort casual for these dinners. One is at Emerils and the other is an undisclosed ';hot'; rest. in SoBe. What actually does resort casual mean in Miami?? I%26#39;m sure alot different than let%26#39;s say Key West!! Any suggestions?



resort casual??


Wow... I%26#39;ve never considered South Beach as a ';resort casual'; kind of place. And you are right, the dress is VERY different than say Key West or other more traditional resort areas.





We were there a couple months ago and broomstick skirts with camisole tops were very popular for casual attire. For a nice dinner or fancy club, ladies might wear a shirt or dressy slacks and a sexy top. Men wear long pants and many wear long sleeve shirts.





As I remember it, the dress in South Florida doesn%26#39;t change with the seasons like it does up north.



resort casual??


';Resort casual'; is an odd description for Miami Beach. Think Tommy Bahama, I guess, but I%26#39;d go a little more urban than that.




Thanks for the input. I was starting to panic because I have read previous postings about dress in SoBe and the resort casual did throw me off a bit. I guess I%26#39;ll still pack my little black dress!




Great idea. A ';LBD'; (little black dress) will fit in nicely at a nice restaurant or club. My wife typically will pick one night each visit for a LBD.





Have a great time and know you may want to go back soon since there are so many great restaurants (and clubs if you are into that scene) you are going to want to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment