Monday, April 23, 2012

Your Favorite Time To Vacation/WDW

I am trying to narrow it down here.. (2006) I am thinking third week of October, some time in November (week after Thanksgiving)... Mr. Mom wants March.. Hmm I dont want to go when it is hot sticky and humid.. Thanks ...

Your Favorite Time To Vacation/WDW

Based on the past 13 years, experience has shown that you%26#39;ll likely experience the best weather and the least crowds the latter part of October. The Halloween Horror Nights at Universal are a %26#39;must-do%26#39;.

After about mid-November, it is not uncommon for the weather to degrade with increased numbers of cool/cold/rainy days around Thanksgiving and after.

March weather is ok - can be chilly - but not as good as October and you will have to contend with Spring Breakers increasing crowd levels + the Atlantic and the Gulf are too cold for swimming. Heated pools are a must as well this month.

My vote is for October.

If you get replies from others telling you what the weather was like during their only visit, don%26#39;t take their weather observations as always gospel for the time of year they were here.

Your Favorite Time To Vacation/WDW

Thank you Endeavour For the quick response.. I really appreciate it.. October is my first choice.. so October it will be.. if Mr. Mom can get the time.. Talk to you really soon... :)


mom4boys,

My vote would definitely be the week after Thanksgiving it is one of Disney%26#39;s least crowded times. October can still be hot with temperatures near 90 and November high 80%26#39;s. Friends of our live in Orlando and prefer November over October also.


November, most definately November you get the bonus of The World being decorated for the holidays, low crowds and cooler weather.


I have been looking at vacation homes for October.. I punched in the date of November and prices go up a bit.. I am trying to put it all together.. Lots of work.. LOl.. Thank you ... :)


We%26#39;ve always gone late September/early October...sometimes Columbus Day week.

Little crowds, less kids and good deal for hotels. Most people don%26#39;t like to pull their kids out of school this early in the school year...but that never bothered us. Its worth it for the small crowds and price-drop in some hotel/resorts. ANd the weather is still very warm(great for pools/water parks)..yet a bit less humid.

We went 2 years ago r in late Sept., and I remember us getting on/off many rides that we liked over and over again because of few crowds. I think my daughter rode Splash Mountain in the Magic Kingdom 10 times in a row.

You honestly could not pay me to go during June or July....nor over a holiday-week. My friend went last year at Easter and said never again.....they rode 2 rides and got into one show the entire day in the Magic Kingdom....2 1/2 + hour waits.

I%26#39;m not a big fan of going in the winter either because we love the hotel pools and going to the water parks.


The third week in October is a major holiday time in the UK, as it is half term. I know my friend always goes at this time and I think it can be quite busy, if you hit on the same week.


Hands down, October through early-November. There is a juried art show that Disney hosts every year in early November that I%26#39;ve enjoyed that a number of times.

Early December has been a mixed bag for weather, from nice warm/cool to cold/colder and rainy. It is fun to see Disney all dressed up for the holidays and all the special holiday activities thay have. But I really like quality pool time at my villa, and that can be a little off/on depending on weather.

I was down for 2 weeks in March this year and found the days were pleasent, but cooler than usual for mid-late month. I used the pool about 85% of the time, but day only as nights were too cool for me most of the trip.


Yes, Saffy-Mum brings up a good point, I forgot about the Christmas decorations! They are beautiful, another reason to go the week after Thanksgiving. You should be able to find value season rates at the Disney resorts November 27th - December 19th.

  • web hosting plans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment