Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Alamo location in MCO?

Hi - rented a car from Alamo for an ucoming trip and something I have read have left me guessing as to whether or not there is actually an Alamo counter in the airport.



I guide I was looking at mentioned several companies that were reccomended because they had counters directly in the airport. It stated you would have to take a shuttle to the other ones. MCO lists Alamo on its site so I assumed at the time I made the rental that they also have a counter at the airport, but I am left unsure.



Alamo location in MCO?


Not to worry rodoubleb there is a Alamo counter at the Orlando airport.



Alamo location in MCO?


I don%26#39;t think there is. We had a horrid experience with Alamo (a couple of years back) in Orlando. We were shuttled far away from the airport to a remote location and found literally about 100 people standing on line to rent cars. It took forever! I would never rent again with Alamo, especially not in Orlando! Never mind their cheap prices - go with any other rental car company. (We have never had a bad experience with Budget, Avis or Hertz, and we rent cars - travel - a lot.)




Alamo used to be offsite but is now located at the airport.




ejan got me curious about the counter I thought I was at in Orlando so I called Alamo direct and they assured me that the counter is located at Terminal A and B on level 1 below baggage claim area. They also said the cars were within walking distance and you wouldn%26#39;t need to be schuttled. I would call again just to make sure rodoubleb!




Thanks mike for the confirmation!




If I%26#39;m correct, arriving at Terminal B, you go towards Ground Transportation Level 1 and check in at the Alamo Desk and then cross the street into the car park from where you would collect your rental car-Not sure if that%26#39;s changed though.




The_Reverend





Spot on :)




The previous posts are correct. The counter is in the airport. We were there in April and rented from Alamo. The lines were quite long and my parents had told us to split up (one get the luggage, one stand in line for the rental car). This worked great. The line was much longer by the time my husband met me and the kids in the Alamo line. Then you just walk across the street to the parking garage to pick up your car. We did encounter problems there with all of the mid-size cars being gone, as did many other people. If that happens, just look for anyone wearing an Alamo shirt and make them help you. My husband flagged down an employee and they made a note on our contract and told us to take any of the SUVs, which actually gave us more room. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.




Alright thanks for the info.


Just wanted to have an idea of what to expect.


I%26#39;m supposed to have a convertible reserved.


Its gonne be a good time. :)




Counter or no counter, I would never rent from Alamo again. My horrendous experience with that company (spending about 2 hours trying to get my car - late into the night with 2 kids - was enough to turn me off from that company completely. Rent at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment