Monday, April 23, 2012

Child ticket prices?

My daughter will turn 10 when we are on holiday, what type of theme park tickets should I buy? the adult type or the child type?



How do they check the ages of the children? do you have to take their passports along as proof?



Its not just the theme park tickets either, what about dinner reservations? will she qualify for a childs price at cinderellas brekkie/chef Mickeys etc? And what about restraunts on I drive and so on? what age does a child stop being a child when it comes to paying?





Cheers everyone!



Child ticket prices?


Unfortunately CBR we are going to have to pay the adult price on our 10 year old this year as Disney child prices are only ages 3 - 9 for parks and dining. I don%26#39;t know about I - drive but most restaurants outside of Disney should be up to age 12 for the kids meal prices.



We have never been asked for proof of our childrens ages, and even though my son will be turning 10 just 6 weeks prior to our visit and are tempted to go for the childs price, I just can%26#39;t do it as I would feel too guilty about it.



Child ticket prices?


For Disney anyway.....buy the child type. If your child is 9 when you buy the tickets....(she turns 10 during your holiday?)....then they will honor the ticket throughout your stay. As far as proof.....we never were asked for identification at any time during our vacation concerning tickets and entry to the parks. They just used that ';finger'; identification machine....you stick your finger in a machine and it somehow verifies the ticket with the person.....but that is it.





As far as the resturants....it%26#39;s your call. I doubt anyone will ';proof'; your daughter unless it%26#39;s obvious....ie: free breakfast for children under 7 for example....and you have a 9/10 year old. Just state your childs age....and if you get the discount...you get it.





Good luck.




My daughter is 11 and got in with a child Disney ticket - we had it left over from previous holiday. I was told by a CM ';we dont punish children for growing up';. I would stick with a child ticket.




Yep-Child prices Years 3-9. If you child turns 10 while out there, I would go for the Child Tickets. No one checks you passports at Disney-I wouldn%26#39;t give it a second thought.





The same applies for Universal Tickets 3-9, Again I would go for the child Ticket if it were me.





For Dinner Reservations give WDW Dining a ring in good time before you go. They may ask you the age of your Child-tell them she%26#39;s 9-If they then ask you for her birthdate be honest and tell them.





But as the post above says-generally speaking you should be OK for Child Price Food in the majority of places and especially where they do a Childrens Menu-Anyone asks you how old your child is-Just tell them she 9 if you see a menu that says Child Prices from 10 upwards.





My Son turned 13 while out there in August. We went with Virgin and on the reservations form we handed to our hotel was his age only -12-We got child breakfast for him throughout our entire stay and would have also for Dinner, but we instead went out every evening 9 apart from the days we ate in the parks ( At Hollywood %26amp; Vine-MGM and Liberty Tree %26amp; Crystal Palace where he was considered an Adult).




We were there in May. We bought child tickets. They were no different than the adults. They didn%26#39;t even say junior or anything. They make so much darn money on you while you are there. Go for the child ticket. I wouldn%26#39;t care if your child turns 10 before you go. As I said they get there money from you. Trust me.




Good point everyone,





Heh, to ease my guilt maybe I%26#39;ll just buy my sons ticket the day before he turns 10!!! Heck, I%26#39;ve only given Disney about $100,000 in the past 20 years anyway!




Oh for gods sake CBR do what we do lock the kids in the shed for a fortnight with a box of Mars bars and 3 bottles of rasberryade from Morrisons (3 for 99p) ... a little bucket in the corner, then on your return sit them down and explain the fun you%26#39;ve had so they can pretend they were there to their friends, weve saved a fortune over the years and one day we%26#39;ll take them for real,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well maybe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment