Saturday, March 24, 2012

MGM vs Universal

Which is better. What do you like or dislike about both?



MGM vs Universal


My perference is MGM just because I%26#39;m Disney crazy! Universal just doesn%26#39;t give me the same feeling. However Universal has more ride offerings.



MGM vs Universal


Of course, I%26#39;m partial to Disney, but I have always felt that Universal%26#39;s rides/shows were shorter, that you spend a larger proportion of your time in line and less time riding. I also feel that it%26#39;s more for an older crowd, because a lot of the attractions are very intense, so small children might not enjoy it as much (although they do have a children%26#39;s area there). I always recommended that if you had children under 10, to go to MGM and if you had children over 10, go to either one. Also, if you happen to be a little overweight, Universal makes a lot of their ride seats on the small side, so it can be more uncomfortable to visit. Disney has always considered size when making their ride seats, so it%26#39;s not so much of an issue there. Plus, most people will get a multi day Disney ticket which will already give them access to MGM. I like the ';old Hollywood'; atmosphere at MGM. I feel more like I%26#39;m in Hollywood than I do at Universal. Just my opinion, of course!




I%26#39;m with the others. They are both great in their own way, but Universal just doesn%26#39;t have that ';magic'; that the Disney parks have. Just seems more like other typical theme parks without the feeling of being totally immersed in a period of time or genre that you get at MGM. Hard to explain, MGM just ';feels good';.




Universal is SO much better.





The rides are a million times better; they provide a wider range of experiences and there%26#39;s something for everyone.





The atmosphere is just as good, it%26#39;s more ';adult'; and less child like so I guess maybe this is where the ';less magical'; opinion comes into play. Universal feels like it%26#39;s REALLY about TV and Movie Making, whereas MGM feels like Disney ought to remind you that they do actually churn out some films and TV shows every now and again.





MGM is actually my favourite Disney Park but I would MOST DEFINITELY choose Universal over it for anyone above the age of 10. Universal is what keeps me coming back to Orlando, NOT Disney.




Thanks SB for this question, i wanted to know the same thing. Think i%26#39;ll just do MGM, then i can spend another day at the pool instead of running around another theme park which sounds like it is similar to MGM anyway.




I%26#39;ve been to Orlando several times, however I took my girlfriend with me in November %26amp; her option was... Univeral is much, much better %26amp; is a full day out. However MGM is probably 3/4 of a day, hence why we didn%26#39;t get to see Fantasmic, as we%26#39;d long since left the park.





Having said that, she loved both Rock %26amp; Roller Coaster %26amp; Tower of Terror.





I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve helped much have I!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment