Friday, March 30, 2012

hotel close to sea world and universal

Can anyone recommend a clean , free breakfast, free transportation to Univ and SW hotel around the $100 range? Also, do the hotels usually sell tickets to parks or is it cheaper to purchase tickets at the parks?



hotel close to sea world and universal


The only decent place in that area that is within your price range that I would recommend is the Comfort Inn International. It is a very nice and clean hotel that serves a breakfast buffet (free) each morning. I don%26#39;t think that they provide a free shuttle, but the I-Drive trolley stops near the hotel and takes guests to local attractions like Universal, Wet N Wild, and Sea World. It is in an ideal location and is a great value. The hotel%26#39;s webpage is choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo鈥?/a> for more info.



hotel close to sea world and universal


I am not sure about the free transportation (although I think they go to Universal), but we stayed at the LaQuinta Convention Center in June and it was quite nice. I believe it was around that price range. They had a decent complimentary breakfast (continental style), nice rooms, a nice little pool and were conveniently located.




A lot of hotels will sell tickets at their guest services desks. It depends on whether they run the desk themselves or run it as a concession, whether you get a discount. There are around 4 large guest service concession companies who operate a lot of the desks, and due to their ticket volume, they are able to offer discounts. In the I-Drive area, it%26#39;s pretty common for people to go around to a few hotels getting price brochures to see who has the best deal. Be careful of small stands or portable buildings. Those kind of ';here today, gone tomorrow'; sort of businesses usually deal in used or stolen tickets, which is illegal in Florida.





The I-Ride Trolley is very convenient if you stay anywhere along I-Drive. They sell 1, 3, 5, 7, and 14 day passes for unlimited rides all day. It runs from Universal at the north end to Premium Outlet Mall at the south end.




thank you everyone!!




We stayed a night at the Hawthorn Suites Seaworld. $100 or less range. It was nice and offered the basic breakfast fare (cereal, waffles, toast, juice, etc) as part of the hotel rate. Not a fancy pool but a pretty pool area. The suites are two rooms--bedroom and kitchenette/living area. And for a big family like mine, it was nice for one night. I cannot say if the hotel offered transporation to the parks as we had our own car. But many, if not most, hotels in Orlando do offer this service. I think you sometimes save a bit of money (three or four dollars) buying the tickets at the hotel kiosks (which adds up if you have several people to buy for). But the hotel kiosks really do not offer that much of a discount unless they are hawking some kind of time-share deal for which your would have to attend a time-share sales pitch. Then, you can probably get ticktets at $20 a piece. Which is a big savings. But you have to commit yourself to a two-hour, high pressure time share pitch. If you just keep a Zen-like attitde during the sales pitch, you can usually come out unscathed and save about $100.00 or more in ticket costs.




Savona Suites at Lake Buena Vista is an excellent location if you%26#39;re driving up to Universal and Seaworld as it%26#39;s on a Plam Parkway which runs into Turkey Lake Road that goes straight up to Universal without using the busy congested roads and turn off Turkey lake to Seaworld - we used it everyday. Transport was to Disney only I think.




Hi. I booked a room at a place called I-Drive Inn which is 60 bucks a night with a breakfast. It%26#39;s sappost to be 1 block from Universal a person wrote a 15 minute walk. I also read that the transportation can sometimes be a real joke {?} that there either so crowded or they will only run twice a day {I%26#39;m talking about the complimentary transportation provided by some hotels}





I%26#39;ve never been to the state of Flordia so all I know about my room is what I read on here and from Expedia.Anybody ever stay at the I-Drive Inn?




Did you check the reviews for the I Drive Inn? I would never stay there. I had a room across from Wet N Wild a couple years ago and immediately left and stayed further down on I Drive, There were police inside and outside the hotel and it was a very seedy area especially at night. Maybe it has improved but the hotels at the other end in the 7000 - 9000 address may be alot better. There is a Comfort Inn, Quality Inn and Best Western all which have free breakfast, free transportation to parks and if you go to Choice Hotels website they should be under $100. Try to use Entertainment or AAA discounts as well. I have seen these hotels as low as $40 - $50 and the reviews especially for the Best Western and Quality are not bad. If you want to be closer to Universal within walking distance there is a Holiday Inn Suites on S. Kirkman road with an entertainment rate of $89 for a suite which I have stayed in. Full kitchen and living room with double bedroom. Avoid the regular rooms which have been rated lousy and stay with the suites which have been renovated and are nice and spacious. They have a free shuttle to Universal and Seaworld. If the shuttle time is not good the cab is around $5 to Universal and $10 to Seaworld. But again you can walk over to Universal and it is very safe. There is also a DoubleTree and La Quinta on or near Major Blvd. within a 20 -30 minute walk to Universal and all of these hotels have free shuttle also. Just make sure you check out the reviews as a cheap hotel can ruin your vacation. You can purchase tickets for Universal on their website with super values. I just purchased a 2 day 2 park pass with 3 EXTRA days for $106 with tax. Plus I get a free kid pass!! Seaworld I purchased at the gate for $63 and do not know if you can do better. Good luck and have fun!




The I-Drive Inn used to be a Holiday Inn Express and if you (justgetthere) would have read the reviews first, you would see that it is not an ideal place to stay. There are many reports of guests having things stolen from their room at this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.




I hope you can cancel the I-Drive Inn on International Drive. If you go into travelzoo.com there are 2 great deals for hotels in LBV for $59 and $69 with decent reviews. They both have breakfast and shuttles. I have stayed in the area and it is quite nice. I check travelzoo.com every Wednesday when they add new listings. Great site as you can cancel reservations and there is no prepayment.


  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment