Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Gardens vs. Marquesa for a 2-night stay?

It%26#39;s a little hard to believe the reviews in the review section for these two properties - endless 5-stars and ';spectacular'; comments. Makes you think the employees go home every night and write reviews on Trip Advisor.





We have two business events, one in Miami on Monday and one in Palm Beach on Thursday, so my first question is, does it make sense to drive down to Key West for two or three nights in between? We like smaller, adult properties so these two sound good, but I%26#39;m a little skeptical to believe those reviews. Any first hand opinions on this board would be appreciated, as I trust you guys! I%26#39;d like to be on the water but haven%26#39;t seen anything I like, and from what I gather, the water%26#39;s not great in January, anyway. That pool bar at The Gardens appeals to me, however...



The Gardens vs. Marquesa for a 2-night stay?


I%26#39;ve stayed at both, the Gardens this past July and I would recommend it over the Marquesa. I enjoyed the ambience of it , much more relaxed and a bit more open, with brick pathways leading to table/chairs set up in the gardens. The pool is small(not olympic lap pool) but more than enough to cool off.



The Gardens does have a cont%26#39;l breakfast with enough variety to get you started( I believe The Marquesa still charges for breakfast: we used to go and get coffee because it was much cheaper than ordering thru them).



The other thing is the Owner ,Kate, is always around checking on things and she is a great person to talk to.



The pool bar: is open @ about 2:30pm-approx 7:30pm, depending on the bartender or any receptions etc. The reasoning is ,before then you%26#39;ll probably be touring around the Island and after 7:30 you%26#39;ll be out partying/dining,(stock your mini-fridge with drinks if you need a late-night cap.)There is my 2 cents of advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment