Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ways to keep kids entertained in que's?

Please help!





does anyone have any suggestions of good ways to keep kids entertaind while standing in ques? We had a VERY stressful day out in Legoland yesterday, the park was packed and we were waiting in line for rides for between half an hour to an hour at a time.



We exhausted eye spy and 20 questions, and had to cope with trying to stop the kids from kicking off as we inched forward at snails pace.



Im really starting to worry about how they will cope with the que%26#39;s at Disney, especially as we will have the heat to contend with!



Any games etc that you could suggest to keep a 7 year old and a 9 year old from getting bored would be most appreciated





Thanks!



Ways to keep kids entertained in que's?


Gameboy.



Ways to keep kids entertained in que's?


take a map with you and give the kids one each as well then ask the kids to find things on there and the best way to get there the one who finds the next place and the quickest route wins... also bribery works the child who behaves whilst waiting gets to choose the next ride or the resturant you will be eating at the following evening. Jack just liked counting how many lizards he could see each time we had to wait in line..




Good Question and Great responses.. :) Thanks they work for me also.




Chelly the map idea is great, I will give that a try. Not so sure about the gameboy though? I would be constantly fretting about ';where is it, dont leave it there, have you put it down, its going to get wet'; and so on......



Just remembered the old favourite animal, vegetable or mineral, wish I had thought of that yesterday!




Id give mine a good crack on the backside and tell them that they should be Grateful they are in a place like this.



But im very fortunate that my boys are well behaved.



So i never have to do that.


vinny




Vinny,





Do they really just stand still and quiet and move along the line without getting bored? I must admit that after an hour yesterday standing in a que for one ride I was getting pretty fed up myself, its quite a long time to excpect a kid to keep quiet/still especially as its que after que after que! que for a drink, then que for the toilet, then que for a ride, then more queing, Dont people get really fed up of it by the end of the 2 weeks???!!!



I want to do day on day off when we are in Orlando, but Im now having second thoughts all together, we did Legoland yesterday, the thought of having today off and then having to go to say Thorpe park tomorrow would have me tearing my hair out!





We are doing this trip for the kids, its their holiday, and until yesterday I was really looking forward to it myself, have to say I feel a bit subdued about the whole thing today.....




CBR600, Don%26#39;t panic the Disney parks are much better organised than any of the British theme parks I have been to, I only have the experience of Disneyland Paris but honestly the queues do move more quickly so you don%26#39;t feel as though you are standing around wasting time.




we found that even though you had to wait for a period of time to actually get on the ride you were actually moving most of the time - the lines seem to zig zag and your%26#39;re very rarely just standing




CBR600. Im being honest. They are really good and we are blessed.





The other replies are correct. The Yanks have it sorted. The queues move very quickly and they do there best to keep you cool. The trick is to use the machines (god I forget the name) at the front of the big rides. You put your park tickets in and it gives you a time for you and your family to come back. When your time comes you walk to the front of the queue. Now this can be 10 minutes or 1 hour wait but it saves you a lot of stress. But whilst you鈥檙e waiting, go and enjoy some of the least popular rides where the queues are so much smaller.





The only person in our family that gets stressed out with the queues is me. I have been known in the past to play up in them. And my wife has given me a go smacking on the backside. She has since stopped doing this as she fears I was playing up on purpose as I quite enjoyed it. But that鈥檚 another story for another Forum.





Vinny




What works great for us is bubbles. I bought a couple small containers (the spill proof ones) and let the kids blow away :).

No comments:

Post a Comment