Thursday, April 12, 2012

Endeavour105

Hi sorry if I got the name wrong. As you are a great fan of the Peabody I have booked Sunday brunch. As it is my sons birthday next day they have said they will make him a cake. Have you any suggestions on this? He likes chocolate cake would you reccommend this? Are the cakes/gateaus good? Hope you can help looking forward to a great lunch perhaps you may be their look out for a birthday cake lol thanks Wrexhamfc



Endeavour105


Hi -





Suggest asking the Peabody pastry chef if your son could have his favorite chocolate cake. If so, I assume you can describe it to the chef.





Suggestions?! Although one of my hobbies is gourmet cooking, I don%26#39;t consider myself a %26#39;chef%26#39; although friends call me that. Sorry, you know your son%26#39;s tastes better than I do so I defer to your knowledge and judgement.





The only thing I can think of is to ask if they could use %26#39;sparklers%26#39; instead of birhtday candles -





';Sparklers'; are those stick like things we light here on the 4th of July and New Years...





I%26#39;m sure you all will be as very pleased as I always am whenever I dine there.





Don%26#39;t forget the March of the Peabody Ducks at 1100 (11am)...Get to the Peabody no later than 1045 so you can park and have time to walk to the lobby. It%26#39;s done on time precisely at 1100...





Enjoy and Bon Appetite!



Endeavour105


Thanks endeavour but do you have a cake/gateau to recommend? We are open to ideas not just chocolate cake. Will go with the sparklers thing poor lad will sit their going brite red oh well thats a mums privilage after all your only 18 once!!! Thanks for all the advice you have given to my questions they are a great help will make my arrival in Orlando so much better even though we%26#39;ve been before keep up the great work. Someone asked about your job because of the picture by your name. Do you work at the space centre? If so what a great place to work are you the person that does the count down on launch day by any chance? Thanks again for all the help you%26#39;ve made a very worried lady less stressed Thanks




OK.....since you insist....



Personal favorites cakes of mine are the following:


(not in order of preference)



**Carrot Cake - Love it for dessert but it just seems a little tame for that 18th birthday milestone.



{ TooJays Deli has the BEST here in Orlando - other than what I make. There%26#39;s a TooJay%26#39;s in the Dr. Phillips Shopping Plaza on Sand Lake Rd west of I-drive and I-4. BTW - TooJay%26#39;s is the Best deli in Orlando as rated by the readers of the Orlando Sentinel newpaper. I agree. }



**Chocolate Lava Cake - this is a rich iced chocolate cake with a gooey warm fudge center that flows out -like lava - when you cut the cake - sometimes also called a Chocolate Volcano Cake - would be neat with sparklers!.



If you are unfamiliar with these cakes, you might do a web search for these recipes and, hopefully, also get some pictures.



Regarding the shuttle photo - It is of ENDEAVOUR. NASA%26#39;s orbiter vehicle - OV-105



Interested in the space program since the first manned launches I really became intensely interested when I saw the televised initial orbiter glide tests off the back of a 747 in the late 1970%26#39;s. The first launch of the space shuttle I actually witnessed was that of ENDEAVOUR (OV-105) on STS-57 back in June 1993. I saw it from the NASA Causeway. The thrill of seeing the launch from relatively so close was awesome and an absolutely incredible thrill !!! I became a %26#39;shuttle launch junkie%26#39; after moving to Florida at the end of that year. Since then, I%26#39;ve seen some 38 shuttle launches at all times of the day and night/early morning from the NASA Causeway and VIP viewing area and one orbiter landing at the shuttle landing facility. I continue to follow the program. The web site for the KSC Visitors Complex is: www.kennedyspacecenter.com



No, I don%26#39;t work for NASA - maybe in the next lifetime...



I%26#39;m pleased you%26#39;ve found value in my posting replies and do hope you and your family enjoy your trip to Florida!



Maybe you%26#39;ll save me a piece of cake.... ;-)



Just kidding......



Cheers!




Ooooh I love Carrot cake too Endeavour.



Hope it all went well Wrexham. Hope your little team survives and you dont become a housing estate.




Thats about the first sensible reply i%26#39;ve seen!



%26lt;passes out%26gt;



%26lt;thud%26gt;



lol




Sorry to but in on your post but this is in regards to KSC





Endo, I too find your posts informative and to the point and it is refreshing to see a normal helpful thread. Keep up the good work :-)





Now back to KSC....my girlfriend and I went there on a bus tour on Wed 14th Sep and I must say I left a little disappointed overall. We wanted to to the maximum access pass but we could only do the standard pass. On the plus side IMAX and the the lauch centre were brilliant...but the rest I just dont know...maybe I was expecting too much?





Perhaps if we had been able to do the maximum access it would have been better, with the standard pass, we just didnt feel very involved and I understand there%26#39;s more interactivity with the max pass....just my opinion and feelings :-)




Helking was wondering if she would go to NASA. I suggested there had to be something better to do with her time on holiday. She still seemed undecided.



Is she over there at the moment?




Vegas





Knowing what i know now, I wouldnt go back to KSC if i return to Florida.



Id go to see Cirque De Soleil instead. We didnt get to see that because of time constraints. Its the only negative point about our whole holiday, which was brilliant. best time ever....oh and overpriced taxis...that really peeved me off.




Dear %26#39;Chef%26#39; Endeavour, Could you give me your recipe for Carrot cake please. Do they have a toojays in Apopka.




Vlad, I think Helking was coming in October and you didn%26#39;t say ';pretty please'; for the carrot cake recipe. S-M

No comments:

Post a Comment