Sunday, April 15, 2012

Conch Hoese Heritage Inn

Has anyone stayed at The Conch House Heritage Inn recently? There are some reviews but they are all older. The B%26amp;B looks nice from their web page and when I called to make a reservation they were very nice. Also, what is the best way to get around town? We will be driving down from Miami so we will have a car but I hear parking is pretty bad. Any advice?



Conch Hoese Heritage Inn


I haven%26#39;t stayed at the Conch House but from the map you can park the car and then fergeitaboutit. You are two blocks off Duval and nine from the northern end of the island, and these are the short Key West blocks. If you walk over to Duval and make a right you%26#39;ll pass Sloppy Joe%26#39;s within a few blocks, and just afterwards, on the other side of the street is the Hogg%26#39;s Breath Saloon. The Green Parrot and Kelly%26#39;s are one block over on Whitehead, but walk almost to the end of Duval and go left. You%26#39;ll come to the Sponge Market and the Shipwreck Historium and then to the Mallory Docls. Right off of Duval will take to over to the Key West Bight. You probably wouldn%26#39;t have to drive anywhere.





Pjk



Conch Hoese Heritage Inn


We will be staying there the week of Thanksgiving, so if you%26#39;re going after that I%26#39;ll be able to give you a detailed review! They were very nice to me when I booked, also.




I%26#39;ll be there the week of Thanksgiving. Drinks at Kelly%26#39;s?



Pjk




Sure! We%26#39;ll be there the 19th to the 25th. We already talked about how we wanted to hit Kelly%26#39;s for happy hour. This is our 4th visit to Key West, and we%26#39;ve never been to Kelly%26#39;s!





Parking advice for kkyander: We will also be driving down from Miami. We learned that we DO NOT need a car, so we will be driving from Miami directly to the rental place to drop the car off. When we leave on the 25th, we will take a cab to the rental place and picking up a car to drive to Miami. You might want to look into doing that.




Good. I%26#39;ll be there 11/20 - 11/27, and I will be at Kelly%26#39;s at approx 4:30 on Sunday night to get started. But I think there are a few more couples gonna be there at the same time, so I will post a reminder when the time gets nearer. BTW, if the schedule is he same as last year, that weekend, 11/19 - 11/20 will be the last days of the powerboat races. What a blast, but noisy.





Now where%26#39;ll be IslandKitty?



Pjk




Did I hear my name? Are plans being made that I should know about? :)


  • blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment