Thursday, April 12, 2012

Am I Bonkers?

Please can someone put me out of my misery and answer these questions??

1) I am planning to stay on I Drive begining of Oct 06, I%26#39;m hoping that because it wont be so busy in the parks and on public transport I wont need a car... Am i bonkers?

2) The place i have picked to stay (but not booked) is the Homewood Suites on I Drive, This is because it%26#39;s very well priced, is always in the top ten accomodation on Trip Advisor and has a free breakfast..... BUT do you think this is a good place for two Teenagers (15,14) considering it has no Bar or Games room and only a small pool? Are these things important??

Lastly...... Reverend, if you are reading this - can I be in your gang?

Am I Bonkers?

1) No, You%26#39;re not Bonkers-Well at least I don%26#39;t think you are given I don%26#39;t have access to your medical records to confirm a yes or indeed no.

I%26#39;ve just come back from Kissimmee and I didn%26#39;t have a Car for 12 days and I managed to do a whole host of things.

2) Don%26#39;t know much about Homewood Suites. If it hasn%26#39;t got a bar or a Games Room then I would take your 14 and 15 year olds there. After all they should be drinking in Bars. A Games Room-Don%26#39;t let them waste their holiday playing for hours in a Games Room.

Lastly, Peachy -I don%26#39;t have a gang, though with some that does seem to be the impression!

I%26#39;ve said it before, if a lot of people would rather I didn%26#39;t Post on this Forum I will respect their views and stop immediately.

I did once, but then returned-Why, because I genuinely like being part of this forum. If however, I was/am getting on people%26#39;s nerves then I shall push off unreservedly.

Best Wishes.

Am I Bonkers?

Mean%26#39;t to say : (Wish this TA had a Spell Check facility)

......After all they shouldn%26#39;t be drinking in Bars...


Peachy - You will have a great time in Homewood Suites. You have also got the manager%26#39;s reception to look forward to at night. Homewood is run by Hilton and that ensures some sort of decent standard. I have stayed in many Homewoods and Embassy Suites and they have all been very good for the price paid.

As for getting about in Florida without a car - I say it is missing out on a major part of this holiday. This is where Renfield and I differ. He did it and had a good time - others that I know felt they had been short changed on such an expensive trip and would never go without the car again. There was a thread a bit ago that exposed the pros and cons of this poser, with no real outcome.

My view is that if you stuck in a hotel without transport you will feel marooned. Even from Homewood to the tat of IDrive is a decent walk.

There is not much for the kids except the pool and basketball court.


Oi Rev........ got to be honest and tell you that while you were on holiday i%26#39;d said several bad things about you ,thinking you were too similar to another poster who i have a massive hatred of.. i was wrong because your sort of ok in stuffed collar type way.......... mind you i dont want to be in your gang because you probably have %26#39;HIM%26#39; around for cheese and biscuits (with lemon for bitterness) sitting in high backed chairs in front of a roaring fire while gently swilling a 30 year old brandy and discussing the latest obituaries with glee,while outside in the moonlight Vegasdebut moves slowly around the quaint old cottage in the crisp white snow splashing petrol on thatched roof............................. in his hand is a lit match and on his face is an evil grin!!!!!!!

no way do i want to be in your gang!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Once again: Champ!-You have sumed me up all wrong!

I%26#39;m just a down to earth Family man-No airs and graces with me-telling it how it really is at times-Not pretending to be anything other than:

%26#39;What I am';!.

No log fires, or home made mulled wine at Christmas time-I%26#39;d rather go out to a friends house for that.

I don%26#39;t subscribe to the stiff collar brigade, ot talk as if I%26#39;ve got 2 golf- balls in my mouth-I go to work casual-No suits, No ties for me-It%26#39;s not me I%26#39;m afraid. I love a laugh and a Joke and strongly believe that life%26#39;s too short to worry about every single thing.

The only thing that really bugs me is Lassie across the road-Hell, when you%26#39;re trying to go to sleep, off she goes a howlin%26#39; for almost 2 hours in the early hours of the morning. If the kids ask me what all the noise was about the day after, I have to say it was foxes.

What%26#39;s more-I can%26#39;t tell the difference between her or Mr Magoo!

I don%26#39;t have gang Champ-Like you, I%26#39;m a loner on this forum, but now and again no harm in taking sides with other contributors if inedeed I feel I agree with them-Is that wrong?

Anyway it%26#39;s of to Bye Bye%26#39;s now-Must remember to put the Tape Recorder on tonight just in case Lassie starts to bark again!


He%26#39;s been on the glee biscuits again - night night.


I-drive area is fine without a car, from what people I%26#39;ve seen and talked to there have said. Too many amusements and restaurants within wallking distance or a short bus ride away to even mention. Check out www.internationaldriveorlando.com

As for the decline in this site over the last month or so, I%26#39;ve noticed it really started when the Red Dragon appeared. He/she seems to have serious control and anger issues and never actually adds anything useful to the forum which is supposed to be about ';giving and getting very good, unbiased travel advise';. Thats what I found it was when I first discovered the site and highly recommended it to others, but it really seems to have a different agenda these days. If you leave Rev, I%26#39;ll probably follow behind ya and leave this site to the loons.


Nice point liberty belle but if you look at the initial posts and questions in the very recent past I don%26#39;t think you will find any put downs or vitriolic outbursts. There was a certain amount of fear that if you asked a question you would be made to feel stupid - that seems to have gone.


People!! Enuf already, I feel like I%26#39;m on the Springer Show!!

I was trying to say in a light hearted way that I think the Rev guy is cool....... Anyways thanks all for your... erm advice?

Basically. I%26#39;m just a poor gal from the UK who for many years has had the dream of taking the family to Orlando and finally now we have the chance to do it, I want it to be perfect, I%26#39;m doing as much research as i can but I would just appreciate any advice experienced people can give me.

Thanks.


HEY PEACHY get a car if you possibly can you%26#39;ll never be dependant on public transport, and think it works out roughly the same price over the fortnight.. jerry springer was a good comment, i liked that one !!

THIS IS THE GREATEST FUN AND LONG MAY IT REIGN

Hey liberty,,,, you%26#39;ve got me all wrong, i have issue with only one poster and that is the person who belittled me when i first used this site, he was the first to Respond to my first question that many people answered so nicely to, he continued to do so until i hit back, boy! you are not allowed to to that on this site are you!!that was my only issue other than TP not allowing me to use my own language (but the site is actually in english so very few would understand me... defeats the object really does%26#39;nt it...but i enjoy the hassle of trying)... the giving and getting as you%26#39;ve put it is the best part, i%26#39;ve learnt so much which will hopefully come in handy, and i%26#39;ve even given some ideas out too (has every post you%26#39;ve posted been holiday related? )you yourself have interjected with a few good ideas and i thank you for them................ i%26#39;ve recently found a lot of respect for the reverand (but dont tell him)... always willing to help,lighthearted and never a nasty word to anyone... even Vegas cant get him down when trying his hardest (think Vegas has that respect too,, ssshhhhh!!)... i find loads of brill posts from Vegas CBR vinny reverand jacktheripper and loads more and enjoy this site so so much, read my posts and you%26#39;ll see that ive a problem with only one person but his friends have problems with me....he stalks my postings as he accuses Vegas of stalking him so its six of one, half a dozen of the other... when first on i was told to ignore the said poster but you cannot ignore me????????LONG LIVE TRIPADVISOR

  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment