Thursday, April 12, 2012

pool heat

We are renting a home over Christmas. I have been notified the pool autimatically shuts the heat down when the outside tempature reaches 55. To me it looks like it will probably shut down every night due to average winter temps. Is it worth it to heat the pool and will it be warm enough to swim in? I think this home has electric heat and not gas.


Thanks,


Kellie


5 days and counting



pool heat


The question is will the pool be warm enough to swim in if it shuts down every night? I know it will not be warm enough if we do not get the heat.



Kellie



pool heat


I live in Wisconsin and have an outdoor pool with a heater. Our spring/early summer nights get that cold, but if you turn the heater on early in the morning, it should be warm enough to swim in the pool around noon. Obviously, if you keep the heater on at night, the pool will be fine to swim in at night,




Have you considered wearing flight socks and thermal vest. This apparel would be both warming and restrict blood flow - therefore enhancing that feeling of heat. Then rush indoors and roast your nutsby the fire - I do.




Contact the villa owner or rental agent about how many hours the pool heater will be set to run. They usually run as little as 8 hours and as long as 18, but I haven%26#39;t had a rental where it was on 24/7. If they only offer 8 hours, I%26#39;d give it a pass. Many do shut off automatically when the outside air temperature hits 55F, but not all. (Solar heaters won%26#39;t do much good overnight, but will keep the water circulating.) Electric and gas will heat the water faster than solar heaters, especially in the short December days. Gas is faster than electric. If there is a pool cover, and there should be for most regular sized pools, use it. It helps keep the water warmer overnight so it will warm up faster the next morning.





I use the pool about 50% of the time in Dec/Jan when I%26#39;m down there. It really depends on the weather, which is problematic. Is that worth it to you? and is there an outdoor spa that you%26#39;d like to use? That alone may be worth the pool heat cost. I%26#39;ve also found most of the good rental agents do extend the hours the heater is run and will set the temperature higher to keep the heat on so their guests are happy.




Why are you replying now to a post submitted Dec 18th 2004 indicating travel 5 days later?



Am I missing something here?...........




Yup.. I didn%26#39;t look at the date of the original post! Just followed the other recent poster. My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment