Thursday, April 12, 2012

Casa Marina

I have heard good things about this resort- anyone know much about it? Location wise-price wise- anything- Thanks





Casa Marina


FWIW I%26#39;ve stayed there once and was very impressed with the hotel and the grounds. I put a review on the list of hotels signed by my initials so see if you can find it amongst the others.





It is a little bit out of the way situated on the south side of the island, but it is only about a 30 minute walk all the way north to the Key West Bight and the Mallory Docks. They have a nice beach (by Key West standards) and two pools, a large one and a smaller, cooled one, a beach-side bar, and a watersports concession on the property. And they have a great bunch of pool boys that really cater to the guests. The hotel is up-scale, expensive as compared with other hotels on Key West, but you can always eat and have drinks at other places. They do put out a great breakfast buffet. I had a suite which was great with a small veranda over-looking the ocean. You could actually hear the waves lapping at the shore at night. I don%26#39;t know what the other rooms are like but you def wat an ocean-view room and not a city-view.





I would stay there again, but to be honest, for the money I would pay less and stay on the north side at the Ocean Key or the Pier House, Hilton or Hyatt.





Pjk

No comments:

Post a Comment