Sunday, April 15, 2012

Autograph book ideas?

What are the autograph books like that are sold at WDW? Is the paper archival quality? Are they well made or cheap-looking? Anyone remember the price? I bought my daughter a 4X6 soft cover Disney princess photo album which has plastic sleeves in which I planned to insert card stock, and use those for the autographs to protect them. Now I am afraid that will be too cumbersome in the excitement of the moment for her to fumble around with, especially for more than one autograph at a time. I would like a large enough area on the page for the signatures and the extra artistic flourishes that the characters sometimes include, yet compact enough to lug it around the whole time. Any ideas? Is it important to sheath each one for protection? Is it a good idea to attach a Sharpie? What is the smoothest method? Thanks!



Autograph book ideas?


I think that the autograph books they sell at Disney are very nice. I don%26#39;t know if they are archival quality, but we have been there four time and my kids always use them, the ones from 1999 are still in as good of shape as the ones we just purchased in Dec. 2004. They are compact enough to fit in a fanny pack, yet the characters have no trouble handling them. You need to carry a pen around for the characters to use, but I wouldn%26#39;t use a sharpie as it might soak through the page. A great idea is to save a page across from each autograph for a picture of your daughter with the character. I%26#39;m sure you will have an awesome vacation!



Autograph book ideas?


Hi,



I agree with the last post, our first Disney autograph books from 1994, look just as good as new. They are just the right size to carry easily, and for the characters to handle and write in. The characters prefer that you offer them a ';fat'; pen; they sell them at Disney World. With the character%26#39;s gloves on, it is difficult for them to write with a regular size pen. I wouldn%26#39;t attach the pen to the book.



Another similiar type item that I would recommend would be to purchase a ';passport'; at the World Showcase in Epcot. There are pages to get ';stamped'; for each country. Also, each country%26#39;s representative will write a greeting in their native language, on their country%26#39;s page. Each country also offers a small craft for the kids to do. Our kids still look forward to doing this, and have learned so much about those countries. Our oldest daughter will be studying and traveling in Japan this summer; she has become fluent in Japanese, and loves the culture. All this started years ago, with a conversation she enjoyed with a Japanese representative at Epcot!



Best Wishes!




I have got three autographs signed by the MUTANT TURTLES at the beginning of the 90%26#39;s in Disney. Are they valuable? Perhaps they are antiques. It appears to be signed by DAVE is this right I thought the names of the turtles were the same as renaissance painters. How can this be?




You related to Frozensmoke-Haven%26#39;t heard much lately from %26#39;Long Fingernails%26#39;




yippeee reverend managed to uplaod an image :-))))))




and Im dyslexic !!!!




Hallelujah




hey Rev, long time no hear from...planning another trip to FL but sketchy about staying at Homewood Suites or Hawthorn Suites (where I stayed at before)...to answer froze-nose%26#39;s ?, the autograph book is 6.95 (pen is 3.95 extra), its worth it to children being that they see you buying right there in WDW, but you can get a book of that quality from elsewhere, but if you are going to try and get it outside the park but still in the Orlando area...forget it, you will be paying the same thing.




I think that has to be a bargain thankyou frozensmoke nice to see you on such good form.




Frozensmoke: Nice to know you%26#39;re still around.





Hey Trip: Hope you like me in my Rev%26#39;s Gown.





I too Im dyslexic-Last week when I went to a Toga party, I ended dressing up as Goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment