Thursday, April 12, 2012

Castillo Real/ Dining/ Nightlife

I will be spending the weekend of Oct 21 - 23. However I haven%26#39;t visited St. Augustine since I was 5, and I%26#39;m now 42. I would like to know of a good place to have a romantic dinner. What kind of nightlife or other things are there to do in St. Augustine?





Also, has anyone stayed at the Castillo Real before? I heard that it was a brand new place.





Castillo Real/ Dining/ Nightlife


Jandytravel, look at the forum under St. Augustine titled ';Most Romantic Place to Eat'; wherein ';leeshajoy'; asked this same question on Aug 30, 2005. That forum should help you. I would say definitely go to Opus 39. Wonderful, and romantic.





Never heard of Castillo Real, brand new or not it must not be in the historic district.



Sorry.



Castillo Real/ Dining/ Nightlife


The Raintree is really good and 93 Cordova at the Casa Monica.





Trolly Ghost tour at night is fun. I have been on the walking tours, they really are not worth it unless you go with the Sherrif Walking Ghost Tour. Carriage rides offer Ghost tour too, and they are awesome too.





I stayed at the 63 Orange Street B %26amp; B and thats romantic. Jackie the owner is an amazing cook! And she is a awesome hostess. She will also advise you whats happening around town and make arrangements for cars or carriages to pick you up to your destination. She will make your reservations for dinner or tours. May%26#39;s room is very nice, but my favorite room is Bessies. Both rooms have a balcony. There is also one that she has for Honeymooners.





I have never heard of the Castillo Real but hear the Casa Monica is superior.





Tiffany



Palm Beach Gardens, Florida




Better read the reviews on this site for Casa Monica before booking there. Bed and Breakfast in the historic district is your



best bet by far.




I like the Raintree, or on Vilano Beach The Reef, but the food was better at the Raintree. Opus 39 is usually prix fixe $55 and is a nice place, though perhaps the wait staff is a little too full of themselves...





What kind of night life are you looking for? Live music? Allison%26#39;s, the Milltop...Check out La Taberna del GAllo on Friday and Saturday nights on St. George, they sing 18th century sea chanteys and it%26#39;s a rollicking good time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment