Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best route from Chicago

We will be traveling next month and I was wondering if anyone can give us good directions from 65 miles southwest of Chicago. Thanks



Best route from Chicago


Sorry, just saw your post today.





I go to Destin via I-57 to I-24 and catch I-65 out of nashville, Tn. From there I-65 south to exit Alabama #114 (Georgiana), east on AL 106 to U.S. 31 south. It merges with AL 55. Continue south toward Andalusia, then U.S. 29 south to AL 137 south toward Wing. AL 137 becomes FL 189. Continue south on Fl 189 to Fl 4 to U.S. 90. East on 90 to Crestview, south on FL 85 to Niceville and left at the T towards the MidBay Bridge. Take the bridge ($1.00 toll, I think) across the bay and at U.S. 98 go right to Destin.



It%26#39;s not as complicated as it sounds, just get a map. Stop at the welcome center at the AL state line, get a map and have your picture taken in front of the rocket!



Best route from Chicago


Baked %26amp; Blended, Thank you so much. We are really looking forward to our vacation in Destin. Any advice for a ';50s) couple heading to Destin for the first time? Thanks again.




Depends on what you like to do. I like AJ%26#39;s bar at night and just laying around during the day, playing golf, fishing (which should be good now). Wife likes the outlet mall and destin Commons for shopping. Sandestin%26#39;s Baytowne Wharf has nightlife and shopping, but I hear the nitelife prices are a little steep. Plenty of restaurants at all price ranges.



I suggest you search this forum for restaurants. Look for posts by yppub; she has some excellent recommendations.





Where you staying? Also, 65 miles SW of Chicago puts you in Odell?? Just curious; i live in BN.




We are staying at the Fairfield Beach Street Cottages. I%26#39;ve heard they are cute but about a block from the beach. What is BN? I%26#39;m in Morris about 25 miles west of Joliet. It%26#39;s a small farming community, 15,000 to 20,000 but starting to grow rapidly. Thanks for all your help. We are excited about visiting Destin and are beginning to count the days.




Bloomington-Normal




I should have figured that out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment